- Growing Conditions
- Weather conditions were quite variable but on average, temperatures were close to normal and precipitation ranged from normal to a bit wet.
- Spring was cool and wet ending with some isolated late frosts and then moving quickly into hot weather.
- June and July were both warm, with humid periods. August brought more stable weather, warm to normal temperatures and less rain and the grapes ripened more or less on schedule.
- September started with some spotty hail causing some minor damage to grapes but progressed into a pleasant, dry month
which set the stage for harvest.
- Temperatures through September and October were slightly
higher than normal. It was a relatively large crop and the harvest window for all regions stretched well into November for many
growers and wineries.
- 2013 was an interesting year with some significant weather
variations through the growing season. The variability of weather may well highlight the unique character of individual appellations, and will certainly differentiate wines from specific vineyards.
- Selected and harvested from high quality Niagara vineyards
- Gently pressed in pneumatic style presses
- Fermented on the skins for 21 days in stainless steel tanks
- Blended and naturally cold stabilized before being bottled
Aged in a combination of French and American oak barrels for 13
A medium bodied red with notes of black currant, anise, plums & black cherries.
The palate presents black currant, anise, plums, black cherries & cedar.
- Food Pairing
A perfect match to juicy T-bone steak grilled to medium rare or a hearty Angus Beef burger. Will also pair nicely with Italian food, especially a rigatoni in Pomodoro sauce.