Stag’s Hollow Winery & Vineyard Logo
Stag’s Hollow Winery & Vineyard Syrah Rose

Syrah Rose


Cellar Door Price $18.99

Syrah 97.0%
Muscat 2.0%
Viognier 1.0%
Alcohol 12.5%
PH 6.8
Drinking Start Year 2013
Drinking End Year 2017

Growing Conditions

Many Rosé wines are produced via the saigné method of production which uses juice from grapes that have been grown for the production of red wines. This is not the case with our 2012 Syrah Rosé which has been produced from fruit that was specifically grown to create what we call a true Rosé wine!

Winemaking

60% of the Syrah fruit was whole cluster pressed with the remaining 40% being destemmed, lightly crushed and transferred by gravity to tank to allow a brief amount of skin contact prior to being pressed off. The clarified juice underwent a long cool temperature controlled fermentation in 100% stainless tank prior to being blended with accents of white aromatic wines, stabilized, filtered and bottled.

Nose

An intoxicating blend of aromas and flavors of wild strawberries, the white fruit flesh of a water melon rind, and a dash of white pepper.

Palate

Crisp and refreshing, bright acidity has been carefully balanced with a touch of fruit sweetness.

Appearance

Light rose petal colored.


A Selection of Other Syrah's from Okanagan Falls


A Selection of Other Syrah's from Canada